Search this entire Blog and all the posts

Monday, October 11, 2010

Where do you think you are going!

11 Oct 2010

It has been an interesting weekend.

Spoke to Tracy on Friday arvo and was told that the project in Brisbane didn’t make it through the final budget proposal and was cut at the end. What that meant was that I no longer had a project to work to from the 18th of October.

I hate to admit it but I was disappointed. I was mentally prepared to say goodbye to NZ Mags and Auckland this weekend and had readied myself for the new challenges ahead and this was a sucker punch that I had not even though of.

Tracy was nice to have told me this on the Friday rather than today and she even managed to get hold of Sarah to inform her of the same.

Sarah was very kind and sent me a lovely text on Friday night saying that she was jubilant that I was going to be here longer and not to be too crestfallen. The weekend gave me time to re-evaluate and get my thoughts sorted to the coming weeks here with all the uncertainty.

No one said this was going to be easy and I am very determined to take on anything that is chucked at me.

Caught up with Sarah in the morning and she has asked me to assist Jo Elwin (Custom Publishing Manager) with a new project. That will be me for the next 2-3 weeks depending on when I get word on what happens with me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment