Search this entire Blog and all the posts

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Sale

2/06/2010

Spent most of the second half of yesterday finalising the NSM side of the deal so that they would be ready to start making calls from the evening. Everything seemed on track and about 80 calls were made last night with one sale. The first sale!

Now I know what you’re probably thinking…. the conversion does not look all that impressive but look at it this way. This was a monumental sale as this is the first time that NZM have actively solicited to grow subscription.

Lawrence assures me that it would only get better as time went on and I agree. I asked Chris if he would be up for giving some added incentive to the NSM teams with a movie money book and he agreed so I have passed that on to Lawrence today.

I started yesterday meeting up with Tracy for breakfast. She is here to meet with some people within the organisation and also working with the feedback of the employee survey results. It was a good catch up and I gave her an insight of things that have been working well so far me on this block and how this experience could be enhanced. The weather has been dreadful so hopefully it will get better for her as she moves on to Whangarei to meet with the team there.

I also got an email from Rob Lourey asking if I was free to catch up for a coffee today.

Rob and I met in the foyer and then headed off to get a cuppa. It was great seeing Rob and getting some insight from him about what people in my place in the past have experienced.

He did ask me if there was something that he could do to add to this experience for me and I cheekily asked if he could get me a ticket to the Exec meeting to which he replied, possibly not haha.

Hey, nothing ventured nothing gained so I’m going to try my luck again at some point and hopefully get a yes out of him ;-)

In the meantime, I am quite excited about my upcoming leave.. here’s wishing that the kiwi dollar picks up against the greenback so I can get some decent foreign exchange for my savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment