Search this entire Blog and all the posts

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Second day

27 April 2010

Spent most of the time today reading up the remainder of the business cases. Definitely feel a lot more comfortable with the department's burning platform now and will find ways to see that relevance in my projects.

Key thing to note is the ID card situation.

I have been with APN for more than 3 years and am still finding it very difficult to get access to the NZ Mags department loaded on to my card.

The custodian is a fiery scotsman who guards the access with his life, it seems.

After a lot of debate, I have been given access to one of the elevators which "should do the job" but i wont be given access to the other door. Apparently, I do not have the required sign off. Mind boggling stuff but true! (Tip: Get this sorted first to avoid frustrations)

Back to the work stuff.... I have been highlighted 4 projects so far by Chris and have been told of one by Andrew (yet to come) and Sarah has one for me too.

For a block of 4-6 months, it may not be possible to give justice to all projects so will need to work out timelines and priorities before beginning any of these.

The buzz on the Creme magazine side is the arrival of Justin Bieber (who??!!) to the country and the subsequent interview that will be taking place.

Time to get going, its pouring outside and I didnt even bring my umbrella ugh! (Tip: Always carry your umbrella in Auckland)

No comments:

Post a Comment