Search this entire Blog and all the posts

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The negotiator

27/05/2010

Yesterday was all a bit of a blur as a lot of things happened at the same time.

Chris and I both agreed that the pricing quoted by the outsourcing company was a bit steep for us as it brought our cost per sale quite to more than what we were prepared to invest in at this time.

I then took it upon myself to call the director of the outsourcing company and explained the situation to her. She understood our position and resent the proposal with a much better pricing option which we were happy with.

While this was happening on one end, I was busy working with NSM putting the finishing touches on that front so we can get this underway next week. I sat down with Sati (NSM Trainer) and gathered the requirements from him and liaised with Nicki Steers to get updated collateral for NSM. Sonali is comfortable with the cost structure and we are all set to go!

I also got tickets booked to go down to Wellington today to meet with the outsourcing company and finalise the deal.

All in all, it was a bit of a lesson in juggling for me and I felt quite happy with the way that I had handled the situation, especially proud of how I negotiated the price to an acceptable level.

Time to head off to Wellington now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment